Business Entity Report Renewals

If you are an established business looking to file your Business Entity Report and yearly business renewal, CLICK HERE

New Businesses

If you received a letter in the mail and need to make a payment, please select/deselect your documents below

If you recently opened a new business and received a letter in the mail about obtaining your Certificate of Existence, Labor Law Poster, and EIN, please proceed below.

About EIN

  • An EIN (Employer Identification Number) is a nine-digit number issued by the IRS used to identify businesses and certain other entities. It is also called a Federal Tax ID.
  • It is commonly used for taxing and banking purposes and to register your business with the federal government.
  • You will need an EIN Tax ID in order to hire employees, open a business bank account, file taxes, and apply for business loans and/or lines of credit.
  • All businesses are required to have an EIN Tax ID.

About Certificate of Existence

  • It certifies that your Indiana business is in existence, is authorized to transact business in the state, and complies with all state requirements.
  • It may be required for loans, to renew business licenses, to open your business bank account, or for tax or other business purposes.
  • It shows the official evidence of an entity’s existence and provides a statement of an entity’s status, legal name, and legal formation.
  • It bears the official seal of the Indiana Secretary of State.

About Labor Law Poster

  • Federal Law 29 USC Sec. 666 (I) & 29 Sec. 2005 states that an up-to-date compliant Labor Law Poster must be posted in a visible location on the property of business which has at least 1 employee.
  • Penalties and risks of non-compliance with posting regulations can lead to potential fines in excess of $7,000 per instance for failure to post federally required information, and could possibly even lead to lawsuits.